Η νέα χρονιά ξεκινάει σε περίπου ένα μήνα στο Phillip Island της Αυστραλίας.
13 γύροι και πάλι -όπως το 2010- με τον ευρωπαϊκό γύρο στο θρυλικό Donington Park.

Αναλυτικά το καλεντάρι του 2011:

February 27 Australia Phillip Island
March 27 Europe Donington Park
April 17 The Netherlands Assen
May 8 Italy Monza
May 30 (Monday) United States Miller Motorsport Park
June 12 San Marino Misano
June 19 Spain Motorland Aragon
July 10 Czech Republic Brno
July 31 Great Britain Silverstone
September 4 Germany Nurburgring
September 25 Italy Imola
October 2 France Magny Cours
October 16 Portugal Portimao

Η Triumph Θα περιοριστεί σε 2 από 4 οδηγούς για το 2011. Στο line-up της θα έχει για 2η συνεχόμενη φορά τον Chaz Davies, ο οποίος εντυπωσίασε πέρυσι με τα αποτελέσματά του, και μεταγραφή από τα WSBK τον Luca Scassa (έτρεχε με Ducati).
Τα καλά νέα έρχονται από την Ιταλική Suriano που θα συνεργαστεί με την Τ για πρώτη φορά και θα προσθέσουν στο grind άλλα δύο 675 με οδηγούς τον ιταλό Danilo Dell'Omo & το 19χρονο νοτιοαφρικάνο Ronan Quarmby.
Τα μεγάλα ονόματα θα απουσιάσουν φέτος καθώς ο περσινός πρωταθλητής Kenan Sofuoglu μετακόμισε στη Moto2, ο βορειοιρλανδός Eugene Laverty και ο ισπανός Joan Lascorz to World Superbikes στις εργοστασιακές Yamaha & Kawasaki αντίστοιχα.

Μέχρι στιγμής το World Supersport grind του 2011 όπως έχει διαμορφωθεί:

Fabien Foret - Ten Kate Honda
Florian Marino - Ten Kate Honda
Sam Lowes - Parkalgar Honda
Miguel Praia - Parkalgar Honda
James Ellison - PTR Romania Honda
Robert Muresan - PTR Romania Honda
Broc Parkes - Provec Kawasaki
David Salom - Provec Kawasaki
Chaz Davies - BE1 Triumph
Luca Scassa - BE1 Triumph
Roberto Tamburini - Bike Service Yamaha
Luca Marconi - Bike Service Yamaha
Vittorio Iannuzzo - Lorenzini by Leoni Kawasaki
Alexander Lundh - Cresto Guide Honda
Bastien Chesaux - Harms Benjan Honda
Ondrej Jezek - SMS Honda
Danilo Dell'Omo - Suriano Triumph
Ronan Quarmby - Suriano Triumph
Stefano Cruciani - Puccetti Kawasaki *
Mirko Giansanti - Puccetti Kawasaki *

* δε θα αγωνιστούν σε όλους τους αγώνες

Μερικές πληροφορίες για την νέα ομάδα Suriano Triumph:

¨WSS: Suriano expands Triumph ranks, signs Quarmby

Ronan Quarmby and Danilo Dell'Omo will ride for Suriano Triumph in the World Supersport Championship this season.

Triumph will get a satellite presence in the World Supersport Championship this season after Suriano Racing confirmed its plans to enter the series.

The team, which has enjoyed substantial success in its native Italy, will graduate to the international stage with a two rider entry comprising of Danilo Dell'Omo and Ronan Quarmby.

Though it has had a long-term relationship with Suzuki, Suriano will switch to Triumph machinery in 2011 having already acquired a pair of 675 Daytonas from the manufacturer's official BE1 Racing outfit.

"To race with Triumph and to return to World Supersport is a great satisfaction for me and I'd like to thank Giuliano Rovelli and the BE1 Racing staff for their collaboration," declared eponymous team owner Antonio Suriano, "I can't wait to start to work on the new bikes. There's not much time left and we've got a lot to do but we're full of enthusiasm and we'll be giving 110% to get ready for the opening round.”

Dell'Omo brings three years of Supersport experience to the team, the Italian an occasional top ten visitor in 2009, though he struggled for form with Kuja Honda in 2010.

"It's a perfect situation with Ninetto [Antonio]. I couldn't ask for more because I will be backed by a team I know well and I'll be on a bike that has proved to be competitive. After an early learning period, I expect to be competitive and I'm sure the team will give me a bike capable of scoring good results. As we have always done.”

Quarmby, meanwhile, will make his full-time debut after making three tentative outings on a Ten Kate prepared Honda in 2010, the South African delighted to be stepping up to the main stage.

"I've dreamed about racing in the world championship since the start of my career," said the 19-year-old. "I've already tried the Daytona Superstock, it's right for my size and I'm ready to start this new challenge. A big thanks to Ninetto Suriano for giving me the chance to race with Triumph, I hope to be able to repay his confidence in me with some good results.”

www.crash.net